Football fans around the world were cheering on their teams this week with the return of the UEFA Champion’s League, the most watched and highly anticipated tournament in the Football world. Tuesday’s premier and Wednesday’s follow-up were the busiest days with the first games from each group, a moment awaited by football fans with some intense matches being played.
Let’s touch base on the contender teams: Barcelona beat PSV Eindhoven 4-0. Liverpool versus Paris Saint Germain was a match full of suspense with Roberto Firmino scoring the victory goal at the end of the game for Liverpool, beating PSG 3-2. On the other side Juventus beat Valencia 2-0, with Christiano Ronaldo scoring his first goal as a Champion’s League player for Juventus, getting a red card in the process. Manchester City shockingly lost to Lyon 1-2 and Manchester United had a great start to the competition with a score of 3-0 against the Young Boys with Pogba scoring two goals.
Here are the results of all the matches played:
– Barcelona VS PSV Eindhoven (4-0)
– Inter Milan VS Tottenham (2-1)
– Club Brugge VS Dortmund (0-1)
– Schalke 04 VS Porto (1-1)
– Monaco VS Atlético Madrid (1-2)
– Liverpool VS PSG (3-2)
– Red Star Belgrade VS Napoli (0-0)
– Galatasaray VS Lokomotiv Moscow (3-0)
– Ajax VS AEK (3-0)
– Shakhtar VS DonetsK ( 2-2)
– Real Madrid VS Roma (3-0)
– Valencia VS Juventus (0-2)
– Benfica VS Bayern (0-2)
– Plzen VS CSKA Moscow (2-2)
– Man-City VS Lyon (1-2)
– Young Boys VS Man United (0-3)
45 goals have been scored at the opening of this tournament.